- Why should I fear? Part 2: Four planes and two towers
- Why should I fear? Part 1: The contagion of fear
- Perfection vs. progression at the college level
- How can failure lead to perfection?
- Is “no” a bad word?
- What should I look for in a counselor? Part 2
- What should I look for in a counselor? Part 1
- How does one go about finding a counselor?
- Is abstinence unrealistic?
- Summer schedule – or lack thereof
- Alexander B. Morrison
- Alma the Younger
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
- Holy Ghost
- Latter-day Saint
- mental health
- mental illness
- Mosiah 18:8-9
- priesthood blessings
Monthly Archives: May 2011
I am a child of God And so my needs are great Help me to understand his words Before it grows to late. As Primary teachers and leaders, we want all the children we teach to learn the gospel, have … Continue reading
Children can—and do—suffer from mental illness. According to Elder Alexander B. Morrison, “An estimated 10% of children in the U.S. suffer from a mental health disorder that disrupts their functioning in home, in school, or in the community.” This may … Continue reading
Unfortunately, institutionalization and imprisonment were and continue to be the “default” solution for dealing with serious mental illness. As a society, we have continually failed those with serious mental illness. (An overview of mental illness and its treatment can be … Continue reading
Recently, my local community experienced a tragedy in which a woman who had suffered for decades with untreated schizophrenia fatally shot a police officer. While it is true that certain mental illnesses can result in erratic, occasionally violent behavior (especially … Continue reading