- Why should I fear? Part 2: Four planes and two towers
- Why should I fear? Part 1: The contagion of fear
- Perfection vs. progression at the college level
- How can failure lead to perfection?
- Is “no” a bad word?
- What should I look for in a counselor? Part 2
- What should I look for in a counselor? Part 1
- How does one go about finding a counselor?
- Is abstinence unrealistic?
- Summer schedule – or lack thereof
KeywordsAlexander B. Morrison Alma the Younger behavior blame causes charity children choices compassion counselors Elder Dallin H. Oaks failure faith guilt Holy Ghost humility joy Latter-day Saint mental health mental illness Mormon Mosiah 18:8-9 myths parenting perfection prayer priesthood blessings progress repentance resources Sabbath schizophrenia service sin stigma teaching terminology violence willpower works
Author Archives: mighthavejoy
And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people. — D&C 88:91 This know also, that in the last days, perilous times shall come. — 2 Timothy 3:1 … Continue reading
“Send this to all your friends, wives, sisters and mothers! Let them know to BE ALERT!!! Reading this could SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!” I get these things every couple of months: an email, forwarded by an acquaintance to her entire address … Continue reading
I’m feeling validated. Speaking to this year’s BYU students, Elder Cecil O. Samuelson said that perfectionism impedes progress and that worthiness and perfection are not the same thing. What a timely–and reassuring–reminder! We can be good without being perfect and … Continue reading